Saturday, February 19, 2005

Go for the pass ? Or not?

Back when Clark had his carotid artery operated on, the doctor's also wanted to do a triple bypass at the same time. See, Clark has atherosclerosis all over, it seems. Even his femoral artery in the right leg has blockage.
Clark, absolutely refused to have the bypass on his heart, but he agreed to have an Endarterectomy, (carotid artery surgery). He was overwhelmed, I believe with all the bad news about his health, and the thought of them cracking his chest open and stopping his heart was more then he could handle. He only agreed to the carotid surgery, because he didn't want to have a stroke and be a burden to me or himself. Well, anyone who reads this blog knows how that turned out, he had a couple strokes because of the surgery anyway, but thanks to his stubborness and the Lord, he is doing well now !
Well, here we are now, 1 1/2 years later and guess what??
Clark is facing the decision again. Clark, actually brought it up first, that he thought he was ready for surgery. But, in reality I don't think he is. After, his strokes, no doctor wanted to touch him when it came to heart surgery. I am guessing, that made stubborn Clark decide he was ready to have it done. Well, low and behold, the doctor said it had been long enough since the stroke, that she/he agreed it is time. Whoa now, Whoa now...... Clark suddenly is back paddling, quickly. I could go on and on with the emotions I am feeling and I could go on and on about the emotions "I think" Clark is feeling, but right now I just ask, and I am not sure who I am asking, should he or shouldn't he? I think he should, but I am more fearful of the outcome then I would have been before. You might not believe this, but if I could, I would have the surgery for him.....
I take that phrase back, I know who I am asking, should he or shouldn't he...God is who I am asking, but since we have free will, it still is up to Clark...

No comments: