Friday, November 26, 2004

Wonderful Nurses

For a couple days and nights now, Clark has been very agitated, so they only put male nurses with him. Clark can be a handful for the female nurses, because of his strength. Emil one of the male nurses is exceptionally good to Clark. When he comes in to check on him, he always speaks in a loud, friendly voice and will say "Okay Peanut, how are you doing?" Clark doesn't look like a peanut at all...and Emil commented more then once; "Man, I bet if he heard me call him Peanut, I would be in big trouble". (Which is probably true.) He can't believe the size of Clark's fingers, and is always commenting that they look like sausages, not to mention how strong he is, which is a good thing since it will help him recover. Emil is optimistic, comforting, answers all my questions and even makes me smile. He also realizes Clark has developed thrush, which no one else noticed and begins treating it.
I wrote down all the nurses names so I wouldn't forget them: Emil, Janet, Katie, Kim, Emily, Paul, Stephanie, Judy, Kevin and Jamie. Three of them stand out the most, Judy is one of the three, but she stands out in a negative way. I demand that they not let her care for Clark, because she is inpatient, pessimistic, and doesn't show any real concern for Clark. She is probably burned out or has personal problems, but at this time I don't care what her problems are, I want the best care for Clark. Emil and Jamie are my favorites, Emil I have already mentioned and Jamie I save for last. She is excellent, so I make a request for her to always be Clark's nurse when she is on. I guess they usually won't do this, but this time they agree.
She is wonderful with him, and come to find out Clark thinks so too, he actually seems to respond to her voice.....

No comments: